Requirements for Becoming a Munford Police Officer:
1. Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
2. Be a citizen of the United States.
3. Be a high school graduate or possess equivalence. No waivers will be granted for minimum education requirement.
4. Not have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendo to any felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor or controlled substance.
5. Not have been released or discharged under any other than honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States.
6. Have fingerprints on file with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
7. Have passed a physical examination by a licensed physician.
8. Have good moral character as determined by a thorough investigation conducted by the employing agency.
9. Be free of all apparent mental disorders as described in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-II) of the American Psychiatric Association. Applicants must be certified as meeting these criteria by a qualified professional in the psychiatric or psychological fields.
10. Not have been previously decertified as a law enforcement officer by the POST Commission.
11. Not have previously voluntarily surrendered their certification as a law enforcement officer.