Natural Gas Service
The City of Munford natural gas utility services the Munford, Atoka, and Brighton communities and some portions of Tipton County.
The billing and collecting for services are done at Munford City Hall.
For your safety do not fence in a gas meter or to connect anything to a gas meter. (dog chains).
What to do if you smell natural gas?
Immediately call 901-837-0171.
- Leave the building or area immediately
- Go somewhere with no natural gas smell or other sign of a leak.
- Call the City of Munford at (901) 837-0171 as soon as you leave the area. The City of Munford will send a trained technician to conduct a FREE leak investigation.
- Do anything that could create a spark.
- Switch lights or appliances on or off.
- Use any telephones.
- Use any electrical devices, appliances, or garage door openers.
- Use matches or lighters.
- Re-enter the building or return to the area until the City of Munford personnel tells you it is safe.