FAQ Topic: Property taxes

How is Veteran Disability Rating determined for tax relief?

You must be rated permanently and totally disabled on or before 12/31 of the current year. Determination of eligibility for a homeowner who is a disabled veteran or widow(er) of a disabled veteran will be made based on information provided by the VA through use of consent forms. If you are applying as a disabled … Continued

What do I need to apply for tax relief?

If you are an elderly or disabled homeowner, you will be required to provide income documentation such as a copy of your tax return, Social Security documentation, 1099, W-2 etc. ****Disabled Veterans are not required to show proof of income. You will need a valid ID Proof of residency Proof of age

What is tax relief?

Tax relief is a Tennessee state law that provides for property tax relief for low-income elderly (must be 65 by 12/31 of the current year) and disabled homeowners, as well as disabled veteran homeowners or their surviving spouse. This is a state program that is funded by appropriations authorized by the General Assembly. https://comptroller.tn.gov/office-functions/pa/property-taxes/property-tax-programs/tax-relief.html Applications … Continued

How do I pay my property taxes?

City Property Tax You can pay your City Property Tax online, in person, or by mail. To Pay online just click here. You can also pay by phone 1-855-963-9337 County Property Tax You can pay your Tipton County Property Tax online. Just click here.

Close window