How to Request
To request a burn permit, please call 837-5960 the day you wish to burn. There is no cost for the burn permit. Burn permits are only good for the day of issuance.
Burning is not allowed until a permit number is issued.
Conditions of permit include, but are not limited to the following:
- Burn on class A materials (paper, wood, brush) All plastics, rubber, household trash is strictly forbidden.
- Burn pile must be no larger than 10 feet in diameter.
- Burn pile must be no closer than 50feet from any structure or combustible item such as a wood fence, Shed, etc.
- Extinguishing agent must be present at all times (water hose, fire extinguisher, rake, etc.)
- Fire shall be fully extinguished by dark when the permit expires.
- Complaints of burn may result in revoking of permit.
- Adults of at least 18 years of age must be present during burn at all times.
- Wind speed of 15 MPH or gusty winds or dry conditions – permit will NOT be issued.