The Munford-Tipton County Memorial Library is dedicated to strengthening our community by providing free and equal access to information and knowledge to people of all ages, interests and abilities with fairness and equality. We take a personal interest in ensuring that a full range of materials and services are provided in an inviting, convenient and responsive manner.
The Munford Tipton County Memorial Library was established in 1984 in memory of the late Rev. Paul Earle Sloan and Mrs. Anna Lou Sanford. The founding board members were Tim Sloan, Peggy Ballard, Mayor Dick Bibb, George Baddour, Gene Taylor and Mrs. Goff, of the Regional Library. Mrs. Sanford was the first librarian, followed by Ms. Mary Lillian Burgett and Mrs. Geraldine Simmons.
The library's original home was formerly the Munford High School band room, a small, two-room facility on College Street (used as the Tipton County Adult Education building from 2009-2013.)
In 2009, the legislature of Tipton County, Celebrate Munford Incorporated and the City of Munford collaborated to provide the library a much needed larger home. The library was formally renamed at this time to the Munford - Tipton Memorial Public Library and headed to 1476 Munford Avenue, its present facility.