Covid-19 Updates and Information

Archives: Answers

How do I rent park space?

You can request to rent park space by contacting the Munford Parks and Recreation Department at 901-837-5965.  Space is rented on a first come first serve basis.

How do I get an application for employment?

The City of Munford only accepts applications for employment when we have a position open and posted. If we have any open positions, at this time you can view them here.

Do I need a Business Sign Permit?

A permit must be applied for and approved before a business sign can be placed, replaced, or changed. You can access the sign permit here.

Do I need a Business License?

Businesses must obtain a business license from the Tipton County Clerk Office located at 220 U.S. Highway 51 N, Covington TN 38019. Here are some helpful links: Steps to starting a business in  Tipton County, Tennessee Tipton County Business License Online Application South Tipton County Chamber of Commerce

When does the City prepare the budget?

The City’s budget is prepared on a fiscal year basis (for the period beginning July 1 and ending June 30 of the following year). Planning and preparation of the next year’s budget begins in January.  It is usually completed in April and ready for the Board’s approval.

Is the City audited?

The City of Munford is audited annually by an independent certified public accounting firm as required by state law. The Division of Local Government Audit monitors our audits by approving the Contract to Audit and reviewing the completed audit reports.

Close window