The Munford Tipton County Memorial Public Library is currently looking for a TEMPORARY part-time employee. This will be for 10 to 12 weeks during the months of May 2019- July 2019. If you are interested in the position and are willing to meet the qualifications, please submit an application and resume during regular library hours of operation.
Hours: 20-25 per week, must be able to work evenings and weekends.
Starting pay: $8.00/hour
Major Job Duties:
- Believes in the mission of the library and makes meeting that mission a top priority.
- Assists patrons by checking out materials, renewing materials, taking reserves, locating materials, etc., using automated library system; assists patrons (in-library and on telephone) with basic informational and directional requests.
- Assists patrons in their use of computers, copiers, printers and other equipment.
- Handles fines, fees, payments.
- Interprets and communicates general library policies and procedures to patrons; resolves circulation problems as needed.
- Enters patron information into automated systems and issues library cards.
- Assists in adult and children’s programming as assigned.
- Empties book drop and brings the materials into the building to be checked in and shelved.
- Assists librarian as assigned.
- May act as person in charge of operations during absence of higher level staff.
- May supervise and train volunteers and oversee priorities within volunteer activities.
- Performs opening and closing procedures.
- Consistently maintains and exhibits positive and pleasant interactions with others in performance of job functions.
Minimum Qualifications & Special Necessary Requirements:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to shelve in strict alphabetical and numerical order.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to perform physically demanding tasks including: pushing loaded book carts which can weigh over 100 lbs, lifting book bags weighing 20-30 lbs.
- Demonstrate ability to work courteously with the public and other employees.
- Basic computer literacy.