City of Munford
1397 Munford Avenue
Munford, Tennessee 38058
2013 Celebrate Christmas Parade
Has been RESCHEDULED
Saturday December 14 at 4:30
*** Christmas Parade Update ***
Please refer to www.munford.com for a Christmas Parade Update or refer to our status update on Facebook. Information regarding the parade schedule will be posted as promptly as possible
* Line up:
Please proceed to your designated line-up position at 2:30pm and be situated by 3:00pm. The parade will begin to move shortly after 4:00 and the parade will start on the parade route at 4:00pm.
* Entry Fee:
Individual entries are to bring 1 new, unwrapped gift and 3 to 4 new, unwrapped gifts for organizations. Gifts will be given to Toys for Tots to distribute to those in need at Christmastime.
If you would like to be a part of the contest you will need to be in line by 2:30pm. This year, the judges will judge the entries before the parade. Winners will be given banners to add to their float for everyone to see along the parade route.
1 Only the City of Munford has the distinct honor of providing Santa Claus. There may be no Santa imposters.
2. **Candy must NOT BE THROWN from floats into the crowd. **FOR SAFETY REASONS, YOU MUST USE WALKERS TO HAND OUT CANDY TO THE SPECTATORS AT THE SIDE OF THE PARADE ROUTE.
3. The parade officially starts ar River of Life Church, 220 Beaver Road, where all entries merge together.
4. Have all Float drivers pay VERY close attention to what is in front of them and the group following. Please lead or follow with a 10 yard space. Our Parade is extremely long and safety is our main concers, so this is VERY important.
5. This year, the Parade will officially end at Church of Christ, Tipton Road. You may NOT stop there. You will turn left on Charles Avenue, then left to Maple Hill Drive, and right to get back to Munford High School. (Only the MHS Band cuts short on Douglas Avenue to start the tree lighting ceremony in the City Park. DO NOT FOLLOW THE BAND)
6. Have Fun !! Thank you again for registering and taking part in our community's holiday season. If you have further questions, please contact Munford Parks and Recreation at (901)837-5965.
* How to register:
1. Once you finish reading the instructions, click below and it will take you to our Online Registration Website for activities, called ActiveNet.
2. You will need to create for yourself an account, if you do not have one already. When you create your account be sure to put in your birthdate ONLY and not your age range (Putting in the age range will mess up your registration).
3. Once your account is created, you will click on “ACTIVITIES” on the top, middle of the page.
4. From there, look at the top left & click the scroll down next to "ACTIVITY CATEGORY" & click "HOLIDAY ACTIVITIES."
5. Click "CHRISTMAS PARADE" & then "ADD TO MY CART."
6. Click the participant (Your name) & “CONTINUE.”
7. Answer questions concerning the Christmas Parade.
8. Click “CONTINUE.”
9. You will then be given an overview of all your information, review it, and then "PROCEED TO CHECKOUT."
10. Acknowledge the wavier & click “CONTINUE.”
11. An online receipt will be generated and you are FINISHED!
12. Print your receipt if you like.
For questions or help, contact the Recreation Center at 901.837.5965.
Munford . . . My Kind Of Town